•Promoting Good Health•
Nursing Division Works to Help People Stay Healthy Through:
- Health Screenings such as high blood pressure and lead poisoning.
- Disease Investigations of communicable diseases.
- Immunizations to children and adults* (see fee schedule).
- Well Child Physical Exams for children up to the age of 21. This service is provided through the CFHS grant and is available by appointment.
- Health Advisories about community threats such as rabies, food poisoning outbreaks, epidemics, and emerging pathogens.
- Cardio-Vascular Health Programs to help people make heart healthy choices for living such as tobacco use prevention, nutrition and fitness information, healthy eating habits.
- Prevention Programs to deal with sum safety, infant safe sleep, and many other prevention topics.
•Providing A Safe And Healthy Environment•
The Conneaut City Health Department Protects The Environment By:
- Ensure Sanitation by inspecting restaurants and retail food establishments, campgrounds, public swimming pools, marinas and other state mandated programs.
- Ensure Water Quality in drinking water and public swimming areas to make sure the water we drink and play in is safe and clean.
- Monitor Waste Disposal to ensure proper disposal of sewage and solid waste.
- Investigate, Inspect, nuisance complaints
- Ensure our pets are vaccinated against rabies and to control pests such as rodents, mosquitoes and ticks.
- Respond To Health Hazards caused by harmful substances (such as lead, asbestos, biological or chemical incidents)
The Conneaut City Health Department Provides Services That Focuses On:
- Disease and Injury Prevention, through education and immunization clinics.
- Environmental Protection for water, air and other resources.
- Health Monitoring to keep track of health trends and potential threats to community health.
- Enforcement of Health and Safety Codes in housing, public places and businesses (such as restaurants).
- Health Promotion through educational materials, workshops and safety programs.
- Emergency Preparedness and Response for disasters, including those related to homeland security (such as biological or chemical incident)
- Health-Care Access so all people can get the care they need.
A key role of public health is to control the spread of infection and illness by:
- Promoting Child Immunization Programs
- Offering Influenza and Pneumonia Clinics to the public
- Responding to Communicable Diseases such as e. coli, salmonella, and shigella infections (often caused by improper handling of food or poor sanitation)
- Monitoring Disease Outbreaks including those caused by emerging pathogens, biological and chemical incidents, influenza, or any of the reportable diseases.
- Providing Education About HIV/AIDS and other STDs as well as providing referrals for testing and other services.
Nursing Division Provides The Following:
Prevnar 13 $168.00